• Hearst is reportedly interested in buying a controlling stake in Elle, whose current owner, the French conglomerate Lagardère, announced that they’re exploring partnerships with other magazines. [Fashionologie]
• Kirsten Dunst is auctioning off her favorite purse — a navy Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton handbag — stuffed with designer beauty products (unused, we hope), an Isabel Marant wallet, and a Bulgari ring, to benefit children’s charity Art of Elysium. [Page Six/NYP]
• Everyone is buying outerwear, thanks to plunging temperatures. [WWD]
• New York Times critical shopper Cintra Wilson visited Soigne K, a new boutique devoted to Indian designers, where she was puzzled by the window display. “On one side: clumpy matte-gray sequined leggings. On the other side: a geometrical minidress that I thought had been ingeniously wrought out of tri-colored lentils as a kind of post-colonial dialogue of equilibrium, perhaps describing a parity of esteem between lentils and sequins. (The ladies in the shop laughed their asafetidas off about that one. No, they’re just beads, they giggled, as I skulked oh-so-blondly over to a rack to try to find a funeral pyre to throw myself onto.)” [NYT]
• Christian Louboutin had a party at Provocateur to celebrate being named "Person of the Year" by Footwear News. He almost cried while giving his acceptance speech, explaining, "I'm sorry, French don't do speeches." [Page Six/NYP]
• Cathy Horyn visited the Beijing couturier Guo Pei. [T Magazine Blogs/NYT]
• American Apparel’s ads are illustrated now. [Copyranter]
Most Viewed Stories
What, Exactly, Are Melania and Ivanka Trump Trying to Sell?
Roxane Gay Calls Out Simon & Schuster After They Drop Milo Yiannopoulos
The Single Guy Who’s Pretty Sure He Split the Bill
The Supreme-Branded Metrocard Is Here
Self-Empowerment Is Just Another Word for Narcissism
Did Lena Dunham Shade the Wing on Girls?
Ask a Boss: Should I Try to Act Older at Work?
We Finally Get to the Root of Katie and Tom’s Problems
Alt-Right Troll Milo Yiannopoulos Uses Campus Visit to Openly Mock a Transgender Student
The Man (and Dog) Who Constantly Get Stopped on the Street
Latest News from The CutYou Will Be Able to Buy Burberry’s Intricate, Over-the-Top Finale Capes
But it will cost you.I Finally Found Gold Hoops Like Sade’s
The covetable hoop in every price range.Interracial Couple Fined After House Vandalized With Racist Graffiti
The city of Stamford, Connecticut, issued the couple a citation for urban blight.New Research Shows How Abortion Restrictions Hurt Poor Women Most
An exclusive report from the National Network of Abortion Funds.This Dye Changes Your Hair Color According to Temperature and Mood
Practical magic.The Best Street Style From London Fashion Week
Leather jackets and so much blue.Balenciaga’s Silver Stiletto Boots Are a Surefire Street-Style Winner
Today’s Golden Peacock Award winner.It Doesn’t Get Any Chicer Than Christine Centenera’s Gray Blazer at London Fashion Week
The chicest look of the first day of London Fashion Week.Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, and Oprah Winfrey Are Having the Time of Their Lives in New Zealand
They’re filming A Wrinkle in Time.How I Get It Done: Eileen Fisher, Founder of the Eponymous Sustainable Basics Clothing Line
On employing one mantra to reduce stress, logging off on the weekends, and how being the boss has changed her.
Act like your age is a nonissue, and others will take your cue.Why Solange’s Stylist Can’t Stop Buying This Drugstore Moisturizer
Shiona Turini on her beauty routine and her secret celebrity facialist.Three Former U.S. Gymnasts Speak Out About Doctor’s Alleged Sexual Abuse
They publicly opened up about the alleged abuse for the first time on 60 Minutes.Burberry Is Against Selfie Makeup, But Not Lip Contour
Not like Kylie.Two Actual Models Rescued Children Who Fell Into an Icy Pond
Model-rescuer is the new model-DJ.Kanye West Was Not Happy With the Jacket He Had to Wear in Anchorman 2
The world’s fussiest man strikes again.Lindsay Lohan Says She Was Racially Profiled for Wearing a Headscarf While Traveling From Turkey
“How would another woman who doesn’t feel comfortable taking off her headscarf feel?”Teen Suicide Attempts in the U.S. Decreased After Same-Sex Marriage Was Legalized
A new study links same-sex marriage policies to decreased teen suicide attempts.Hijab-Wearing Yeezy Model Halima Aden Covers the New Issue of CR Fashion Book
Paris Jackson also scored a cover.The ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ Music Video Is Katy Perry’s 1984
A nightmarish dystopian vision.