• Marilyn Minter shot the new Jimmy Choo ad, which features a heel-clad model splashing through a dirty golden puddle. [Elle]
• Katie Couric interviewed hand model Ellen Sirot, who is incredibly creepy. [Gawker]
• Detmar Blow: “I was very proud of how Issie inspired and encouraged so many people. I feel Issie was let down by the fashion industry — that was in all three addresses at her memorial service. I am comforted though that when Issie was dying she told the nurses, ‘Google me — I am important.’ Issie died proud — she knew she had made a mark. Coming through customs she told me proudly that the immigration officers had seen her and said, ‘We know who you are. No need to show your passport.’ She was proud.” [Fashionista]
• Lots of people went shopping last weekend, but as predicted, they weren’t quite as eager to spend as they were the weekend after Thanksgiving. [WWD]
• Naeem Khan got teary when he saw ballet dancers twirling around in his clothes at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas: “It was breathtaking to see it. I had chills because I had never seen my clothes presented like that.” [WWD]
• Uniqlo’s financial problems may stem from the fact that the brand was trying to compete with trendier labels like Zara and H&M, rather than sticking to the basics that made it successful in the first place. [Bloomberg]
• Miucci Prada presented the 2010 Turner Prize to Susan Philipsz last night. [Vogue UK]
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutAsk Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
You’ve already done all you can.Kim Kardashian Says She Developed Thick Skin for the Haters Thanks to Kanye West
She says she used to cry when mean things were said about her.Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
She says she found out when her mom showed up at her apartment on September 11.Men Who Protested Ryan Lochte’s Presence on Dancing With the Stars Are Charged With Misdemeanors
Two men were charged with two counts of misdemeanors on Monday.Serena Williams Refuses to ‘Stay Silent’ About Racial Inequality
“It’s not how far we have come but how much further still we have to go.”Young Girl Calls for End to Police Brutality in Heartbreaking Speech
It’s a devastating plea.The Y Has Returned in a Big Way to YSL
This is what Saint Laurent looks like post-Hedi.The Most Dramatic Backstage Photos You’ll See All Fashion Month
Preview the book Landon Nordeman: Out of Fashion.Even 100 Years Ago, People Were Worried About Technology Ruining Relationships
An old cartoon echoes some very modern anxieties.This Lipstick Was Designed by a Woman Who Can See 100 Million Colors
Maureen Seberg can see so many more colors than you.
The actor may be gearing up to tell his side of the story in the tabloids this week.Please Help Wesley Snipes Find His Leather Jacket
He will be cold without it.The President of NARAL on What Abortion Means in This Election
It signals how the candidates feel about women.YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
The stretch feels like a backbend—but for your feet.Amy Schumer Just Broke a Major Milestone for Women in Comedy
She’s the first woman to land on Forbes’s list of the highest-paid comedians.The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
An ambitious woman and the angry men who want to stop her.Ivanka Trump Is Great for Women, Says Man Married to Ivanka Trump
Ivanka Trump is the perfect person to handle “women’s issues,” according to her husband.World’s First 3-Parent Baby Is a Healthy Boy
He was born in Mexico to Jordanian parents.Nation Recovers From Post-Debate Hangover With Mary J. Blige and Hillary Clinton Memes
“What will you do to fix the national epidemic of hateration in this dancerie?”The Hottest Party of the Year Is This 6-Year-Old’s Drake-Themed Birthday Party
It has everything: an OVO cake, Drake balloons, fake money.