• Marilyn Minter shot the new Jimmy Choo ad, which features a heel-clad model splashing through a dirty golden puddle. [Elle]
• Katie Couric interviewed hand model Ellen Sirot, who is incredibly creepy. [Gawker]
• Detmar Blow: “I was very proud of how Issie inspired and encouraged so many people. I feel Issie was let down by the fashion industry — that was in all three addresses at her memorial service. I am comforted though that when Issie was dying she told the nurses, ‘Google me — I am important.’ Issie died proud — she knew she had made a mark. Coming through customs she told me proudly that the immigration officers had seen her and said, ‘We know who you are. No need to show your passport.’ She was proud.” [Fashionista]
• Lots of people went shopping last weekend, but as predicted, they weren’t quite as eager to spend as they were the weekend after Thanksgiving. [WWD]
• Naeem Khan got teary when he saw ballet dancers twirling around in his clothes at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas: “It was breathtaking to see it. I had chills because I had never seen my clothes presented like that.” [WWD]
• Uniqlo’s financial problems may stem from the fact that the brand was trying to compete with trendier labels like Zara and H&M, rather than sticking to the basics that made it successful in the first place. [Bloomberg]
• Miucci Prada presented the 2010 Turner Prize to Susan Philipsz last night. [Vogue UK]
Most Viewed Stories
Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee Divorcing After Five Years of Marriage
Zeke Thomas Speaks Out for the First Time About Being Assaulted
Former Bachelor Chris Soules Reportedly Arrested After Fatal Crash
The Most Depressing Ways The Bachelor Couple Have Described Their Relationship
I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror
Serena Williams Responds to Male Tennis Player’s Racist Remark About Her Pregnancy
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
All the Cool Girls Had One: 16 Women on Teen Status Symbols
What It’s Like to Have Tina Fey As a Mentor
Ask a Boss: How Do I Ask to Work From Home?
Latest News from The CutSony Has Reportedly Parted Ways With Dr. Luke
He is no longer the CEO of Kemosabe records.We Will Soon See Some ‘Formation Scholars’ in College Thanks to Beyoncé
She wants to reward women who are “bold, creative, conscious and confident.”Serena Williams’s Pregnancy Announcement Was Completely Unintentional
Not that she regrets it.Should You Be Boycotting SheaMoisture?
The CEO answers your burning questions.This Photographer Examines African Beauty and Beyoncé
A new exhibition by Émilie Régnier at the Bronx Documentary Center.The Most Iconic Queen Bees in Pop Culture
▶️ “That’s right. Rule, b****. But don’t forget who made you.”See Selena Gomez’s Cute New Short Haircut
Chop, chop.Ikea Would Like You to Consider Its 99-Cent Tote Over Balenciaga’s $2,145 Version
The resemblance is uncanny.A Dead Woman’s Fitbit Data May Lead to Her Husband’s Murder Conviction
Richard Dabate is accused of killing his wife Connie, and her last recorded steps on Fitbit are part of the case against him.Your Relationship Status Might Affect Your Baby’s Fussiness
A study linked new moms’ relationships to how much their babies cried.
Photography collective JUCO takes today’s ‘70s-inspired fashions to the southern-California desert retreat.Ivanka Trump Doesn’t Like Being Called Her Dad’s ‘Accomplice’
She thinks the label is “unproductive.”J.Crew Is Cutting 250 Positions and Moving Around Their Top Management
They’ll save $30 million annually.Somehow Woody Harrelson Is Hollywood’s Girl-Squad Fairy Godmother
Step aside, Taylor Swift.Stuart Weitzman Is Having a Secret 30 Percent Off Sale Right Now
Save at least $100 on suede ballet flats and patent-leather heels.4 Full-Body Moves From Drake’s Trainer
Workout gifs from the man who helped sculpt Drake.All the Cool Girls Had One: 16 Women on Teen Status Symbols
Talking to Molly Ringwald, Judy Blume, Aly Raisman, Marilyn Minter, and more.Saudi Arabia’s Appointment to UN Women’s-Rights Commission Sparks Outrage
This is a country that still uses a male-guardianship system.Disney Invented the Coolest New Makeup Technology
No, it has nothing to do with princesses.I Never Thought My Big Boobs Could Fit in a Bralette Until Now
It’s all about the hidden underwire.