• Retail sales were high this holiday season, possibly because customers were tired of holding back for the past two years. [WWD]
• Terry Richardson shot a campaign for Equinox, but the ads don’t seem to have anything to do with the gym. Unless you exercise in lacy underwear. [Styleite]
• A ton of people shopped online this holiday season: researchers saw U.S. Internet sales rise 15.4 percent between Oct. 31 and Dec. 23. The same study found that Internet purchases now account for 10 percent of all retail sales. [WSJ]
• JET designer John Eshaya is collaborating with Hot Topic and Torrid on a line of casual clothing. [WWD]
• See photos from the Valentino retrospective exhibit in Singapore. [WSJ]
• Pendleton is launching a lower-priced line called the Portland Collection. [WWD]
• Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s skin looks significantly lighter than usual on the cover of Indian Elle’s December issue. It’s unclear if she was posing under strong lighting, or if retouchers purposely whitened her skin tone. [Jezebel]
• The Telegraph has some tips on extreme layering. “The fact that very little matches is beside the point. The object is to keep as warm as toast from the tip of your nose down to your toes. And if this means looking as if you're wearing every piece of clothing you own, together with the entire contents of your accessory drawer, so be it.” [Telegraph UK]
Most Viewed Stories
Celebrities Get Angry About Airline’s Leggings Ban
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s New Neighbors Are Justifiably Annoyed
The Blaze Has Permanently Banned Tomi Lahren
Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
The Virgin Ignoring Texts From London
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of March 27
What Is in Sean Spicer’s Teeth?
Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
The Moment Khloé Asked the Cameras to Stop Filming
Huma Abedin Is Reportedly Giving Anthony Weiner Another Shot
Latest News from The CutMelania Trump’s Friend Says She and Donald Are Happy, ‘Very Happy!’
Despite rumors to the contrary.Uber’s Bad 2017 Marches on Into April
When Kamilah Taylor said she wasn’t interested in working for Uber, a recruiter told her “sexism is systemic in tech.”Don’t Miss the New York Weddings Event Tomorrow
Find everything from your perfect dress to florists and planners, with more than 100 creative wedding-service providers.The Sartorialist Just Got Engaged
To … the fashion director of the Sartorialist.The Moment Khloé Asked the Cameras to Stop Filming
In the wake of Kim’s robbery, not everything is fodder for Keeping Up With the Kardashians.What Is in Sean Spicer’s Teeth?
An investigation.Prada Has the Most Beautiful Dress Capsule Collection at Saks Right Now
It’s in celebration of their new ready-to-wear shop in the department store.Extremely Relatable Survey Says Nearly Half of U.S. Women Won’t Enter a Store Unless There’s a Sale
Same.A Supercut of SNL’s Greatest (and Funniest) Feminist Moments This Season
▶️ “Just remember, a woman is just as good as a man. Also, abortion is murder!”Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
What she has in her tour rider and why she thinks Steve Harvey was wrong.
Remember Inauguration Day? ▶️Inside Babetown, the Queer Pop-up Dinner Party That Sells Out in Hours
“Babetown is what it looks like when something is a good idea.”A Concrete Jungle Native’s Honeymoon to the Little-Touristed Island of Dominica
A Brooklyn lifestyle blogger gives us a look at her honeymoon away from the city.Millie Bobby Brown Canceled an Appearance Due to Exhaustion
Child stardom is grueling.Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
“Even supersmart women want to feel good.”Is See-Now-Buy-Now Just a Trend, or the Future of Fashion?
Industry insiders weigh in.Other Things Aaron Sorkin Just Realized
The West Wing creator recently asked, “Are you saying that women and minorities have a more difficult time getting their stuff read than white men?”The Sculptor Bringing Back the Craft of Stone Carving
Nevine Mahmoud is an artist to watch.The Internet Discovers a Strange Breastfeeding Story
In a now-unpublished story, Globe writer Leah McLaren claims she once tried to breastfeed a politician’s baby without permission.When Was the Last Time Casey Affleck Did Laundry?
It’s been a while.