Despite all the name-calling, potentially illegal stock maneuvers, and other measures that the Hermès family has taken to prevent LVMH from purchasing more shares of their company, LVMH announced yesterday that they now own 20 percent of Hermès. This is less than a 3 percent increase in their ownership, up from the 17.3 percent they accumulated back in October, but the acquisition flies in the face of all the hoop-jumping the Hermès family has done over the past two months to protect their holdings. While LVMH initially said that they had no interest in a "hostile takeover" within the next six months, they didn't rule out buying more stock, which will probably continue to happen.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like