Despite all the name-calling, potentially illegal stock maneuvers, and other measures that the Hermès family has taken to prevent LVMH from purchasing more shares of their company, LVMH announced yesterday that they now own 20 percent of Hermès. This is less than a 3 percent increase in their ownership, up from the 17.3 percent they accumulated back in October, but the acquisition flies in the face of all the hoop-jumping the Hermès family has done over the past two months to protect their holdings. While LVMH initially said that they had no interest in a "hostile takeover" within the next six months, they didn't rule out buying more stock, which will probably continue to happen.
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000