After months of dead-end rumors and speculation, Barneys has finally tapped a replacement for Julie Gilhart, who was let go by new CEO Mark Lee at the end of November. The company's next women's fashion director will be Amanda Brooks, the former creative director and muse of Tuleh who was once described in W magazine as "blessed with socialite status, a wardrobe to die for and a whippet-thin physique ... a girl girls love to hate." In addition to her post at Tuleh, Brooks has worked as the creative director of Hogan, written a book called I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style, and contributed to Vogue, Men's Vogue, and the New York Times. Her most recent job was director of fashion at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve