John Varvatos is best known for adding rocker details to traditional menswear, and cites his rock star friends as his main inspiration. "The whole rock thing has come organically. If I had tried to force it, it would seem a little conceited or hokey. But because it's natural and comes from the relationships I have with musicians, it's all about friendships," he tells The Wall Street Journal. The article's author, Jemima Sissons, explains further: "These target the older rocker, who has grown out of grungy band T-shirts but isn't quite ready for pinstripe and Oxford brogues." [WSJ]
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!