Fashion bloggers: They are the future. They may be confined to designated last-row blogger benches at shows (which labels could never do with editors from rival publications, mind you), and be cordoned off at blogger lunches, tweet-a-thons, and other events designated for their species only, but their influence only strengthens. Sweden's personally styled blogging superstar Elin Kling is collaborating with H&M on a collection, and now Rebecca Minkoff has hired Daniel Saynt, the founder of the blog Fashion Indie, to serve as her chief marketing officer, starting today. Minkoff writes in an e-mail: "We feel bloggers and social media are playing a key role in the quickly changing industry, and we are shaping future marketing initiatives around these channels. Daniel's experience will be an invaluable asset to Rebecca Minkoff moving forward. We plan to be a leader in the democratization of fashion, and Daniel will help guide us in that path."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament