Comme des Garçons announced today that one of their sub-labels, Tao Comme des Garçons, will close. Designed by Tao Kurihara, the womenswear line was founded in 2005; its spring 2011 collection, which was shown in Paris in October, will have been its last. "Tao wants to have a change of lifestyle and prefers to concentrate her creative energies on the ever popular label Tricot Comme des Garçons, shown in Tokyo twice a year," a Tao spokesperson told WWD. Kurihara has worked closely with Junya Watanabe at Comme des Garçons since she graduated from Central St. Martins in 1997. Tao was her first line for the company.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?