The C-SPAN footage of Anna Wintour arriving at last night's State Dinner honoring Chinese president Hu Jintao is not the most exciting thing in the entire world, but it may have been the most exciting thing ever to air on C-SPAN. You'll see: A man's voice announces her name and then her boyfriend Shelby Bryan's name, then she walks in with him, AND — no, wait, wait! — cameras flash. Then you know what? You'll never guess, we swear — she tells a reporter that she's wearing (su. spense.) Chanel. Chanel! And if the excitement in the air at that very moment wasn't enough to just burst the glass of the windows behind her, then she takes another question from a reporter who had the balls — big ones, surely — to cry out, "Who are you most interested in talking to tonight?" Then Anna says, "The Chinese Premier." Then She of Huge Balls Continues, "What will you ask him?" And Anna replies, "Will he invest some money in Chinese fashion?" Aaah!
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve