This afternoon at the Rodarte show, where exiting took about as much time as the show itself did, The Cut found itself pressed up against the leather jacketed arm of one of the few people anywhere who are buzzier than fellow front-row guest Tavi at Fashion Week: Kanye West. Might he answer a few questions as we funneled out of the facility like molasses on an ice skating rink? "I'm not doing questions," he told us. Then we must have pouted as we thought about how he's been so forthcoming at past Fashion Week shows, because he said, "Aw, you look so sad!" and put his arm around us and gave us a hug. As in, we could feel his stubble rubbing against our cheek (we can still feel it, hours later). We told him that kind and lovely moment was just as gratifying as having him talk to us about himself. So the lesson here is, if you see Kanye and want a hug, pout your face off. Or you could just ask him for a picture. He happily posed with a bunch of nonfamous people who asked him at Rodarte.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her