It's almost Fashion Week again! In an exclusive preview, 65 designers have given us one snapshot (plus one word, because we're extra nosy) that evokes their fall 2011 collections. The evidence suggests that fall will bring lots of texture (think thick woven fabrics from the likes of Tory Burch and Max Azria) mixed in with nineties influences (Vena Cava and Tommy Hilfiger) and bolts of red and pink color palettes (Vivienne Tam, Alice + Olivia, and Erin Fetherston). Click through to see shots of designers' inspiration boards, fabrics, sketches, and renderings.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza