Three of America's most iconic designers showed their fall collections on the final day of New York Fashion Week. Francisco Costa at Calvin Klein selected this season's leading face, Daphne Groeneveld, to open for the second season in a row, while Lara Stone closed it. Argentine Tati Cotliar, who appears in this season's Prada campaign, scored the first look at Isaac Mizrahi, and Brazilian top model Bruna Tenorio had the last look at Ralph Lauren. But, in what is this season's most surprising casting to date, casting director Jennifer Starr chose Chinese newcomer Sui He to open Lauren's runway. This marks the first time in recent history that an Asian model has opened for the venerable American label. See these key opening and closing looks in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve