In January, lots of fashion magazines tend to go on diets, as many of their readers will do, shedding the weight that kept them so nice and plump and warm in December. But now's the time to start stripping down and showing readers the spring fashion they won't be able to wear for another few months. And this spring is all about pants — long, flowing, wide-legged ones — as Vogue and British Vogue so spectacularly illustrate. Getting on board is not hard to do when Karlie Kloss makes them look so fun and swingy. If voluminous pants aren't your thing, Gwyneth Paltrow models an astonishing snakeskin lace-up pair for InStyle, while Marie-Louise Parker wears none at all for Esquire. See those images, Keira Knightley, Ryan Gosling, and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament