Cintra Wilson gave a rave review of the new Alexander Wang store in Soho in today's Times, which comes as no surprise considering her weakness for Wang's T-shirts. While reviewing the Opening Ceremony store in August, she confessed to purchasing one: "I know what you’ll think, and you’re right: an $89 T-shirt is a crime against humanity ... But it was so soft, it was making my brain flood with dopamine, like a security blanket." Her experience in Wang's boutique is similar: "An $80 black rayon T-shirt should be a grotesque plutocratic sin. But when you put on one of Mr. Wang’s, you realize: oh. This would be equally appropriate for work, bowling, lawn darts, gnocchi fights ... and it drapes well enough to be worn as rebellious evening wear. It connects dots you hadn’t imagined were connectible before." [NYT]
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.