Do you ever feel nostalgic for your rebellious adolescence? Those were sweet years, filled with salicylic acid, cheap beer, and unabashed sexual experimentation (remember Makeoutclub.com, anyone?). If you're experiencing a bit of the Peter Pan syndrome, you'll most likely feel an affinity for the cheerful, whimsical images in Kathy Lo's latest book, Kiss (X). The 24-year-old fashion photographer was inspired to create a modern depiction of German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's tragic play Faust. "The main character, Aris, was bored with his life and decided to call on the devil, Erik [the ginger-haired boy]," she explains. "In the end, he sold his soul to the devil in order to get the girl of his dreams, Ashley Smith." Published by Shizen Books, the limited-edition collection of 150 printed copies arrives at Opening Ceremony and Dashwood Books this weekend. You can also purchase a copy online here. Click ahead to see a dozen of our favorite images.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve