Though we've spent the last month sighing over the lagging spring weather, J.Crew's fall preview last night at Industria Studios gave us a tempting glimpse of what we'll be lusting over when the chill returns next season. Rather than subdued autumnal shades, this collection is rife with bold doses of color: a chartreuse skirt, melon-colored handbags, lilac trousers, and a beaded orange top. Wide-leg trousers will be back in full force, paired with untucked button-downs and short sweaters. But we're particularly enamored with the shoes for fall, paired with ankle socks or peeking out from beneath floor-grazing hems, from leopard-print loafers to multi-buckle satin pumps. You'll also find updated cold-weather staples, including tweed blazers, camel trenches and capes, and wool peacoats, while the men's selection brings striped crewneck sweaters, slim suits, and cable knits. The fall 2011 collection will be in stores from August through October. Click ahead for a closer look at J.Crew's fall offerings.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo