Do you have a royal wedding countdown widget yet? No? You're so behind, you royal wedding slacker, you! Here, today's major breaking royal wedding news to put a halt to this carelessness.
• Kate supposedly had her bachelorette party. A source says: "She has already had her hen night, but it was certainly very low-key. There isn’t such a tradition attached to hen nights as there is to stag parties. It was done privately. Not all of Kate’s friends were there, and she will be catching up with other friends over the coming weeks." She can't be falling drunk out of limos at 4 a.m. if the queen has approved her marrying into the royal family. Only people born royal can get away with that. [Telegraph UK]
• The three parties taking place after the ceremony will be held in more than nineteen rooms of Buckingham Palace's 775. So, no one spill on the queen's pillows, even though she spills on herself. [E! Online]
• Chefs will prepare 10,000 canapes for the first of these parties — a lunch — hosted by the queen for 600 guests. The elite people who get to stay for the dinner can fill up so they have an excuse not to eat the gross fruitcake later. [CNN]
• Mark Flanagan, the queen's head chef, says his food will showcase "the best of British produce." Good thing for Kate since she is totally on five diets right now in her sensational and alarming mission to lose weight and shock the world before the wedding. [Sky News]
• In case you haven't seen shots of the carriage
William and Kate Kate and William will leave the ceremony in — including the enclosed carriage they will have to use if the sky has the audacity to precipitate — carriage porn is at the link. [Luxist]
• Princess Diana had two wedding dresses made in case one was photographed before the wedding day. The second never-before-seen dress looked pretty similar to the one she wore, only a little less poofy, so maybe it was better. [StyleWatch/People]