Careers can be launched in less than a minute when a certain girl walks a certain slot in a certain show at Fashion Week. Of the hundreds of girls who walk the shows, a few become breakout stars each season. This season's top new girls include Chinese beauty Sui He, the first Asian model ever to open for Ralph Lauren. Meanwhile, New Zealand native Emily Baker walked an astonishing 58 shows in her debut season. But our favorite newcomer was Elite New York's Kate King, who modeled for Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, and Yves Saint Laurent. The Canadian's catlike features and runway-perfect proportions made her an absolute runway must-have. Meet the ten ladies poised to become the next Big Things in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve