• Meet Hello Kitty designer Yuko Yamaguchi as she unveils her new cosmetic and accessories line at Sephora. The first 200 people to make a $35 Hello Kitty purchase before 5 p.m. will have an opportunity to meet the designer and receive two autographs. Sephora Soho, 555 Broadway, nr. Prince St. (212-625-1309); 5 p.m.
• Meet designer Gianni Battistoni on the men’s floor at Barneys and get fitted for made-to-measure Battistoni clothing. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); 10–7.
• All proceeds from Nepenthes's special sample sale of pieces from its Engineered Garments and EWK collections will be donated to the current relief efforts in Japan. Donations will also be accepted. 307 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 201; (10–9)
• Wedding gown samples by Priscilla of Boston, Melissa Sweet, and Vineyard are up to 75 percent off at the Priscilla of Boston sample sale. Original prices were $1,650 to $8,000. Bridesmaid dresses start at $29.99. 264 W. 40th St., nr. Eighth Ave., second fl.; 10 a.m.
• Jewelry is up to 75 percent off at the Lee Angel sample sale, where prices start at $5. The Martine glass pearl, chain, and crystal necklace is $126 (originally $180), the Jane crystal and ribbon wrapped bangles are $100 (originally $145), and the Lilianna crystal button earrings are $38 (originally $75). 524 Broadway, at Spring St., sixth fl. (212-334-6573); W–Th (11–7), F (10–5).
• Ready-to-wear clothing, outerwear, accessories, home décor, and bedding are 50 to 80 percent off at the Roberta Freymann sample sale. The silk Stella dress is $125 (originally $425), and the queen-size block-printed quilt is $75 (originally $175). 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St. (212-725-5400); W–F (11–6), S (11–3).