• Join the celebrations at Thistle & Clover's third birthday party with the store's owners and some of the designers whose pieces they carry. The event also marks the launch of the fourth issue of The Thistle & Clover Diaries. 221 DeKalb Ave., nr. Clermont Ave., Fort Greene (718-855-5577); 5:30–8:30.
• In celebration of International Women’s Day, Diane Von Furstenberg and iPhone app LUSTR Fashion Finder have partnered to help raise money for Vital Voices. Ten percent of sales at DVF's meatpacking boutique will benefit the charity. 440 W. 14th St., at Washington St.; (212-741-6607)
• Handbags, clutches, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Lauren Merkin sample sale. The Louise bag is $100 (originally $200), the Diana is $98 (originally $195), and small leather goods start at $40. 231 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 201 (212-239-2459); T–F (11–7), S (11–4).
• Women's dresses, suits, tops, and pants from the current and past seasons are 30 to 70 percent off at the BGN Paris sample sale. Sale items include linen dresses, silk-chiffon tops, skirts, wool and leather jackets, tailored pants, and more. 202 W. 40th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-278-8686); T–F (10–6).
• As part of Housing Works' series of spring preview sales, their Hells Kitchen location has deals on designer clothes and furniture for one day only. 730 Ninth Ave., at 49th St. (646-963-2665); 5–8; $10 entry, free for Housing Works members.
• All wood blinds are 15 percent off at the Shade Store. 480 Broome St., at Wooster St. (800-754-1455); M–F (10–6), S (11–6), Su (noon–6).