ABC News, in a feat of hard-hitting journalism, investigated the story of 17-year-old ex–Miss San Antonio Domonique Ramirez, who is suing pageant organizers for stripping her of her crown. At the crux of her case is the pageant official on a bikini photo shoot who, Ramirez alleges, "told me that I needed to drop thirteen pounds, that I needed to lay off the tacos." Testifying in court, pageant spokeswoman Linda Woods said Ramirez is "not fat by any stretch of the imagination," but that the photos quite simply sucked, even with airbrushing. She said Ramirez was let go because she was late to appointments and refused to send thank-you notes. “It’s not about the crown. I don’t absolutely need this crown to survive. It has nothing to do with that," Ramirez says. "It’s the principle of the fact — the fact that I was wronged and it could happen to anybody." Anybody!
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve