An "individual investor" is said to be talking to the company about investing that money. This person "isn't a well-known name" but could strike a deal as early as this week. However, even if that goes through, American Apparel — which is facing a bankruptcy filing — would still need to raise another $10 to $15 million. [WSJ] Related: The Dov Charney Look Book
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel