Last night at the Riverkeeper gala at Chelsea Piers, Donna Karan said she thought John Galliano's anti-Semitic remarks were "blown up out of proportion." She added, "I know John. I’ve met John. He’s a wonderful designer, a brilliant designer, and he probably needs help and support right now. To be a designer’s a very taskful situation, and sometimes it can push a few limits." Karan acknowledged that she's Jewish, adding, "But I also come from a spiritual level where I care for everybody. I don’t believe you win anything by fighting. The only way we can retrieve peace is by love and compassion."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split