Three days' worth of Coachella kicked off the summer concert season and the requisite sartorial dilemmas that are bound to happen when you're living out of a backpack and sloshing beer all over yourself in public. Given the sweltering heat, the celebs wore far too much, while everyone else wore far too little (yep, we're talking pasties). Crochet and boho-inspired looks were popular among the ladies, and Dita Von Teese even ditched her signature corset for a fluttery belted dress from Christian Dior's spring 2011 collection. Lauryn Hill paired a blue-and-white striped Jil Sander dress with black leather and Lucite, while Kanye opened wearing a blouse from Céline's spring 2011 womenswear (he later switched into a red suit). Click through these looks and more in our roundup of the style choices on display.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives