Three days' worth of Coachella kicked off the summer concert season and the requisite sartorial dilemmas that are bound to happen when you're living out of a backpack and sloshing beer all over yourself in public. Given the sweltering heat, the celebs wore far too much, while everyone else wore far too little (yep, we're talking pasties). Crochet and boho-inspired looks were popular among the ladies, and Dita Von Teese even ditched her signature corset for a fluttery belted dress from Christian Dior's spring 2011 collection. Lauryn Hill paired a blue-and-white striped Jil Sander dress with black leather and Lucite, while Kanye opened wearing a blouse from Céline's spring 2011 womenswear (he later switched into a red suit). Click through these looks and more in our roundup of the style choices on display.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament