Celebrating Juergen Teller's long-standing relationship with Vivienne Westwood, the new book Get a Life includes glorious photos from Teller's spring 2010 campaign for Westwood, many of them unseen. This book comes after the photographer's prior two photo books with the designer, Election Day (2009) and Vivienne Westwood (2008). Get a Life includes shots of Argentinean model Tati Cotliar playing crazy, alongside Westwood herself and a deliberately rough-looking Pamela Anderson. The un-retouched images capture Teller's inimitable raw aesthetic; in New York's fall 2008 fashion issue,Teller told us that fashion photography is "so retouched, so airbrushed, without any human response at all, and, well, you don’t really want to fuck a doll." See more from the Steidl-published Get a Life in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season