Madewell previewed their fall collection this morning in a retro-inspired office setting, scattering colorful desk supplies and a toy-stocked vending machine among clothes and accessories. Fall 2011 ushers in a slouchy silhouette and a slew of mix-and-match textures: Nubby, loose knits and boyfriend cardigans were paired with gauzy skirts, while checkered and chambray button-downs were layered with silk shirtdresses. Expanding upon last winter’s furry accessories, this collection offers horsehair pumps alongside the brand’s staple wood-heeled booties and leather loafers. Like the makeshift office space, fits were also vintage-inspired: Following the maxis of spring, skirts are long and loose and denim is flared. Click ahead to see more of what’s in store for fall.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament