Madewell previewed their fall collection this morning in a retro-inspired office setting, scattering colorful desk supplies and a toy-stocked vending machine among clothes and accessories. Fall 2011 ushers in a slouchy silhouette and a slew of mix-and-match textures: Nubby, loose knits and boyfriend cardigans were paired with gauzy skirts, while checkered and chambray button-downs were layered with silk shirtdresses. Expanding upon last winter’s furry accessories, this collection offers horsehair pumps alongside the brand’s staple wood-heeled booties and leather loafers. Like the makeshift office space, fits were also vintage-inspired: Following the maxis of spring, skirts are long and loose and denim is flared. Click ahead to see more of what’s in store for fall.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?