In his continuing series of backstage photo books, fashion photographer Greg Kessler released SS11 last week. As the title suggests, it covers the spring 2011 collections in New York, Milan, and Paris, capturing the backstage atmosphere (and near inevitable mayhem) at shows from Alexander Wang to Haider Ackermann to Jean Paul Gaultier. There's top models all over, posing, preening, and goofing off, as well as close-ups of the clothes and the styling process. Info on the full book is on Greg's blog, and here's a selection of the shots it features – including Lindsey Wixson, Anja Rubik, and Fei Fei Sun.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve