In just eighteen days Kate Middleton will become Princess Catherine, which gives you little time to relish the pre-wedding frenzy. Riveting news items with which to do that, below.
• Princess of the people or princess of precipitation? Kate Middleton greeted about 2,000 members of her adoring public at the Darwen Aldridge Community Academy in England today in the rain. She walked a few paces behind Prince William, carrying her own umbrella, looking slim (ZOMG!) in her navy blue suit. Highlighting just how real she is, her hair even got a little frizzy. [Telegraph UK]
• Why, if you've been thinking, Wouldn't it be great if I could see an additional shot of this look in some sort of comprehensive catalogue of all of the clothing Kate Middleton's worn publicly?, that's in the Kate Middleton Look Book.
• Royalty Monthly reports that Bruce Oldfield is still the top contender to design Kate's wedding dress, even though that seems unlikely since he's been all over morning television, and whoever is actually making the dress probably is required to be super secretive about the whole thing. Besides, the magazine contradicts itself, reporting in a separate article that Phillipa Lepley is "the favorite." Jasper Conran is "on the shortlist of possible designers," the magazine adds, boasting a photo of the designer shaking hands with Prince Charles. Whatever, it's all a crapshoot — we won't know what she's wearing until she actually goes out wearing it.[NYP]
• "[A]ll of William's ex-girlfriends, along with two of Kate's rumoured former flames" have reportedly been invited to the wedding. One ex of Kate's looks like a hotter version of the prince, while three of William's former love interests are all blonde. [Daily Mail UK]
• Bidding on Kate and William Pez dispensers is at more than $12,000. Proceeds go to charity. [Jezebel]