The Cut is a safe space — an open and loving forum where you can safely and unabashedly care deeply about the minutiae of every major news nonstory relating to the royal wedding occurring on April 29. Today, Kate Middleton's Whistles blouse hits stores, her mom and sister shop at Temperley, she allegedly has a favorite burger (zomg calories!), and more.
• The blouse from Whistles that Kate wore in one of her engagement photos is available in stores and online again for £125. The top, now called the Kate, frighteningly but not unpredictably has a flavor of Seinfeld's infamous "puffy shirt." [Telegraph UK]
• Kate's sister, Pippa, and her mom, Carole, recently spent three hours at Alice Temperley's London showroom. This must mean Kate's wedding gown will be by Temperley — which is not wholly unlikely since Temperley, like Kate's style, is not shocking or edgy or cool. But Pippa and Carole also spent some time at Bruce Oldfield's shop a little while ago — and in all likelihood they're just shopping for whatever with the luxury of having the designer around, which they can do because Kate is so famous now. [Daily Mail UK]
• You may be interested to know this about Carole's diet: "Observers say she is so diligent she is even attempting to give up sugar in her cappuccinos (skimmed milk ‘skinnies’ only, if you please!)." [Daily Mail UK]
• British Vogue's May covers are a tribute to the royal wedding. Lara Stone, Natalia Vodianova, and Freja Beha wear wedding gowns and stare at the camera with that signature stoned insane bride look. [Fashin]
• Prince William is said to have gone surfing with his bros as a part of his bachelor party activities. Says a 17-year-old onlooker: "I didn’t realise who it was at first but then [William's friend] George Stucley came over to me and said, 'Can you watch out for these lads as they don’t really know what they are doing?' I looked over and realised it was William. They weren’t very good. They were just paddling about having a laugh." [Daily Mail UK]
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.