• Meet intimate-apparel designer Eileen West as you shop for Mother’s Day gifts at Bloomingdale's. Customers can enjoy cupcakes and a gift with any purchase. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 2–4.
• Shop the latest collection from Joie at Bloomingdale's and get a complimentary makeover by Benefit. Customers will also receive a special gift with any Joie purchase. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); noon–4.
• Spice up your shaving routine by swapping your current can of shaving cream for a free tube of the Art of Shaving’s glycerin-and-coconut-oil shaving cream. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30. 504 Broadway, nr. Broome St. (212-729-5900); 10–9.
• Browse the selection at the Spring Craft Market at the Brooklyn Lyceum, including artisanal crafts, clothes, and products. There'll also be live music, and vittles! Through 5/1. 227 Fourth Ave., at President St. (718-857-4816); 11–7.
• Visit the newly opened Alice + Olivia pop-up store on Madison. 755 Madison Ave., nr. 65th St.
• Browse the latest collection of bridal gowns at the Carolina Herrera spring 2011 trunk show at Saks. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 51st St. (212-753-4000); 10–8. Call 212-940-2269 to make an appointment.
• Browse a wide variety of leggings and cotton basics at the David Lerner pop-up shop. The store also features his new sports line and maternity line. 1435 Lexington Ave., nr. 94th St. (212-996-6476); M–Th (10–6), F (10–5), S–Su (11–5).
• Schedule a beauty treatment or service at Ouidad and your mom will receive one half-price, in a special Mother's Day promotion. Through 5/14. 37 W. 57th St., fourth fl., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-888-3288); M–T, F (9–6), W–Th (9–6:30).
• Clothing and accessories by A.P.C. are up to 70 percent reduced in the brand's overstock sale. Through 5/1. The Invisible Dog, 51 Bergen St., third fl., nr. Boerum Pl.; (11–7)
• Menswear and womenswear are 50 percent off at the Fred Perry sample sale. The selection includes Fred Perry by Raf Simons and the Fred Perry Stussy Delux collaboration. Avalon Group showroom, 547 W. 27th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., third fl. (212-736-3030); M–F (10–7), S (noon–5).
• Men's and women's clothing, shoes, accessories, books, and gifts are up to 75 percent off at the Paul Smith sample sale. 382 W. Broadway, nr. Spring St.; Th–S (11–7).
• Silk and linen womenswear is 30 to 70 percent off and sari coats are 20 percent off at Asha Veza's closing sale. 69 Fifth Ave., nr. St. Marks Ave., Park Slope (718-783-2742); W–F (noon–7), S (11–7).
• Get 100 personalized note sheets and corresponding envelopes for $225 during Dempsey & Carroll's annual engraved note sheet sale. 1049 Lexington Ave., nr. 74th St.; Th (10–8), F–S (10–6).
• In a special Mother's Day sale, stock at Sara's Vintage & Handmade is reduced between 20 and 50 percent. Through 5/8. 65 E. 4th St., nr. Bowery (212-533-2307); T–S (1–8), Su (1–6).
• Occulter’s gold and silver hexagonal rings are 15 percent off; half of proceeds benefit ShelterBox USA. 83 Orchard St., nr. Broome St. (917-769-2220); call for hours.
• At Flash Consignment's latest children's clothing sale, consigners register and create personal bar-coded tags using an online system then earn money on their outgrown kids' stuff (and shop for bargains). Most unsold items are donated to Baby Buggy, to provide for NYC's neediest families, too-worn-to-be-sold textiles are collected to be sent to disaster areas or recycled, and laundered stuffed animals are sent to comfort children in need. Items will be reduced 50 percent on the sale's last day. 154 Sullivan St., nr. W. Houston St.; Th, S (10–8), Su (10–4). For more details and to register, visit flashconsignment.com.
• Sandals, boots, and wedges start at $40 at the Matt Bernson spring sample sale. 450 Greenwich St., nr. Vestry St.; F–Su (11–6).
• Tableware, knives, cutting boards, and more from brands like Le Creuset and All-Clad are up to 40 percent off at the Brooklyn Kitchen sidewalk sale. 100 Frost St., at Meeker Ave., Williamsburg (718-389-2982); M–F (noon–8), S (10–8), Su (noon–5).
• At Jensen Lewis's 2011 spring clearance event, old stock and floor-model samples will be heavily reduced to make space for new collections. Discounts will be between 30 and 50 percent. Through 5/16. 89 Seventh Ave., at 15th St. (212-929-4880); M–S (10:30–7), Su (noon–5).