After a month of conflicting rumors about the fate of StyleList following AOL's acquisition of the Huffington Post, it seems that the ax has finally fallen. An anonymous source told us that a number of StyleList freelancers have received e-mails terminating their contracts; others, despite having written regularly for StyleList for several years, haven't received official notice but were simply told by their editors that freelancers can't receive assignments anymore. The same source said all freelancers received an e-mail a few weeks ago warning that "the use of freelancers would be greatly reduced" and encouraging them to apply for full-time positions at the newly merged company. The blog is apparently continuing under staffer Dana Oliver and a small core of editors.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like