Vogue's "Shape" issue came out again this month, to remind you that, yes, women have shapes of all kinds, but the women in Vogue have shapes of largely one kind! In a behind-the-scenes video from the spread of models with "perfect" shapes — in which Gisele talks about her six-pack, Daria Werbowy discusses having to work out her kneecaps, and Joan Smalls talks about having to tone her butt — the models pontificate about their best features and imperfections. "Women are their hardest critics, and we need to learn how to accept ourselves, how we are," says Smalls. "Some of the models, you'd be surprised backstage, that their body isn't perfect either. It depends also on how you dress, how you present yourself, but don't be fooled by models being perfect specimens because we're far from that." The video is titled Vogue Diaries, "Perfect" Shapes, and it is most definitely the self-esteem booster you've been waiting for this bikini season.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament