Following Buckingham Palace's request that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's privacy be respected while they honeymoon (hahaha) a spokeswoman for the Seychelles's department of tourism confirmed that the couple landed at the airport at 7:20 local time this morning. She even added that they then took a helicopter to a private island with a villa, where they will remain for ten days. On the Today show this morning, Meredith Vieira asked Matt Lauer, who has visited the islands, about where he recommend the royal couple go in the Seychelles, as though they are really going there to go places. He paused for a moment to think of whether he had something nice to say about the islands, decided he didn't, really, and answered, hilariously, "Indoors in air conditioning. It was about 120 degrees when I was there." Meredith — in that awkward way morning television hosts do where you suspect they're trying to make a funny joke but aren't really being funny — replied, "Lousy lousy choice, then. Depressing." Well, maybe she has a point? Is the image of happy bride Kate in her white bikini on her private island in the beautiful ocean not kind of depressing?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel