He's covered the world's worst natural disasters, wars, and famine. He's been in the world's seediest, buggiest, and most vile places. He's reported on events as hugely significant as the royal wedding with the utmost calm and togetherness while Piers Morgan, more often than was comfortable to watch, tried to make him look like a doof . And Anderson Cooper will now bring this fortitude, this will, this strength of mind and body to one of fashion's most ultimate, important nights: the CFDA Awards. On June 6 Cooper will host the ceremony, where potentially daunting situations may include looking less pretty than Gwyneth Paltrow (assuming she attends — she did last year), looking less toned than Marc Jacobs (he is receiving the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award, mazel tov!), and dealing with Lady Gaga, whose attendance to receive her honorary Fashion Icon Award has been confirmed. If anyone can pull an Oprah and talk her out of the changing room if she needs to commune with God on the entire American fashion industry's watch, it's Anderson. Those are fashion's trenches.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate