He's covered the world's worst natural disasters, wars, and famine. He's been in the world's seediest, buggiest, and most vile places. He's reported on events as hugely significant as the royal wedding with the utmost calm and togetherness while Piers Morgan, more often than was comfortable to watch, tried to make him look like a doof . And Anderson Cooper will now bring this fortitude, this will, this strength of mind and body to one of fashion's most ultimate, important nights: the CFDA Awards. On June 6 Cooper will host the ceremony, where potentially daunting situations may include looking less pretty than Gwyneth Paltrow (assuming she attends — she did last year), looking less toned than Marc Jacobs (he is receiving the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award, mazel tov!), and dealing with Lady Gaga, whose attendance to receive her honorary Fashion Icon Award has been confirmed. If anyone can pull an Oprah and talk her out of the changing room if she needs to commune with God on the entire American fashion industry's watch, it's Anderson. Those are fashion's trenches.
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Gucci Westman
- Kate Winslet Versus the Men’s Rights Activists