White dresses were huge on spring 2011 runways, and in Cannes the trend is everywhere, from Elizabeth Olsen's lacy frock to Cheryl Cole's boob-tastic gown. But for every white look, the red carpets are also, er, peppered with black. Naomi Campbell and Gwen Stefani stuck with black, choosing a short, tight dress and a long, sparkly jumpsuit, respectively. Meanwhile, some stars like Jane Fonda, Georgina Chapman, and Karolina Kurkova have opted to try both all-white and all-black ensembles on the carpet. See a complete roundup of the white versus black looks ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve