For an event celebrating the late designer Alexander McQueen, Monday's Met Gala saw far fewer women sporting McQueen than we would have anticipated. Do you think they all woke up Friday morning, cursed Kate Middleton — sorry, "Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge" — for making it impossible to compete with her, and then begged their stylists to find a plan B? Let's hope so, because it's the easiest explanation (short of hysterical blindness) to explain some of this year's fashion choices. Come take a look at our short list of bests and worsts from the night, including a sequined jumpsuit that may surprise you — in that we kind of want to marry it.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel