As part of the auction at this year's amfAR Gala in Cannes, Gwen Stefani put her evening's attire — a lacy black dress that she'd also worn earlier in the day for a L'Oreal photo shoot — up for auction, raising over $125,000. The gown was billed as "a creation of her own, by L.A.M.B.," but Michael Angel's studio is now saying that he custom-designed the dress for Gwen, complete with lacework from his fall 2010 collection. A rep explained on the phone today that Angel has worked with both Gwen and L'Oreal before, but was wrongfully credited as a stylist while Gwen took the credit for the design, stating: "In choosing [a dress for amfAR], we just said, 'Let's make one,' which is a whole other job in itself." Well yes, a whole other job indeed. For somebody else, perhaps.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat