In an interview with Industrie magazine, IMG Models' super-agent Ivan Bart talks about the next generation of supermodels: "Everyone’s asking: ‘Where are all of the supermodels?’ I’ll tell you, the new generation of supermodels are always the models with personality, always the models you want to work with again." Why haven't there been many models with personality in recent years? "After the supermodel, there was a hunger and desire for designers to just design clothes and let them speak for themselves, so they were looking for new faces. These girls weren’t developed yet, they were sent down the runway literally just after getting off a plane from Eastern Europe." But now, the pendulum is swinging back, he says: "The reason why there are models with personality now is that the industry realised they needed experience, the experience of Miranda Kerr and Lara Stone — who really understand how to wear clothes, how to sell clothes, how to make you feel good when they walk into a room. So you say, ‘Uh, I would like to work with her again.'" [Industrie]
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob