Dressy day wear that necessitates a hat is fraught with potential for failure, as Princess Beatrice may know all too well after Kate Middleton's wedding. Guests at the Kentucky Derby over the weekend did not put the royal wedding crowd to shame, with outfits that sometimes sadly suggested sartorial failure was the point. Too many wound up looking like a cross between a cake from that Cake Boss show and a badly dressed princess Chihuaua — the kind with an owner who has an unfortunate amount of time on his or her hands to purchase dog-sized tutus and tiaras. Vanessa Manillo, Aubrey O'Day, a Real Housewife, and Marisa Miller were among the ladies and gents who attempted to put their best hats forward at the Derby over the weekend. See how that all turned out in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like