Dressy day wear that necessitates a hat is fraught with potential for failure, as Princess Beatrice may know all too well after Kate Middleton's wedding. Guests at the Kentucky Derby over the weekend did not put the royal wedding crowd to shame, with outfits that sometimes sadly suggested sartorial failure was the point. Too many wound up looking like a cross between a cake from that Cake Boss show and a badly dressed princess Chihuaua — the kind with an owner who has an unfortunate amount of time on his or her hands to purchase dog-sized tutus and tiaras. Vanessa Manillo, Aubrey O'Day, a Real Housewife, and Marisa Miller were among the ladies and gents who attempted to put their best hats forward at the Derby over the weekend. See how that all turned out in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat