After last night's panel discussion on "Heritage, Business, & Influence of Costume Jewelry in Fashion" at the Crosby Street Hotel, we caught up with Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant. Her current projects include assembling her own website, JanieBryant.com (tentatively scheduled to launch on June 14), finishing up her last capsule collection for QVC in June, and getting ready to prep for season 5 of Mad Men this summer. And is she getting any closer to striking out on her own with a clothing line, as so many people are always begging her to do? "Yeah. Actually, I’ve been thinking about that, and talking about that," she said. "The real issue is that I’m still designing Mad Men. It’s scheduled for a couple more seasons at this point, and I think it would be nice to finish the show first. I feel like [a clothing line] is a lot of work, and I don’t know if I can concentrate, and give full creative force that I would need to do for both projects at the same time."
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.