When we ran into Carine Roitfeld at last night's El Museo Del Barrio Gala honoring Mario Testino, we noted that she'd been featured on Terry's Diary earlier in the day. "I was on Terry today? I didn't know. Is it good? Is it fun?" she asked, explaining that she was collaborating with Richardson on a project for jeweler David Webb. We assured her that indeed, it did look fun, and inquired about her other upcoming work. "I'm doing an entire issue of V magazine with Mario Testino, and we'll start the shooting tomorrow," she said. Who's on the cover? "Kate Winslet." Is there any truth to the rumor that she's starting a magazine? "Maybe," she said coyly, laughing. "Now I have freedom like a butterfly, so I can go from one place to another."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament