When we ran into Carine Roitfeld at last night's El Museo Del Barrio Gala honoring Mario Testino, we noted that she'd been featured on Terry's Diary earlier in the day. "I was on Terry today? I didn't know. Is it good? Is it fun?" she asked, explaining that she was collaborating with Richardson on a project for jeweler David Webb. We assured her that indeed, it did look fun, and inquired about her other upcoming work. "I'm doing an entire issue of V magazine with Mario Testino, and we'll start the shooting tomorrow," she said. Who's on the cover? "Kate Winslet." Is there any truth to the rumor that she's starting a magazine? "Maybe," she said coyly, laughing. "Now I have freedom like a butterfly, so I can go from one place to another."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve