Beyoncé has hardly met a fishtail gown, pair of hot pants, sequin, contrast leaf print, or giant B-scrawled flag she didn't like. After having infamously worn House of Deréon to the Oscars in 2009, looking like a Bloomingdale's Select skirted body pillow, you might have thought she'd leave black-and-gold fishtail gowns in her past rather than squared away firmly in her future. But last night at the Met Gala she caused a scene in a black-and-gold fishtail Pucci number that was so tight down to her knees she could barely walk up the stairs (which is where husbands really come in handy, it seems, but see also: photo ops). Photographers booed and yelled after she posed too quickly for their liking and then tried to make it the rest of the way up the stairs, probably not to disgruntle the photographers but simply because if she had to fall she didn't want to fall in front of all of them. Was her dress's poor engineering a sign from the diva gods that she should never allow this color pattern and cut combination to be so visually and physically problematic on her again? All black: good! All gold: good! Fishtail cuts: generally good! Black-and-gold fishtails, however: The quota has been doubly filled.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel