• Join designer Yigal Azrouël and Rent the Runway for a night of shopping, special discounts, Champagne, and hors d’oeurve. Guests will have first dibs on an exclusive scarf designed by Azrouël for Rent the Runway. Yigal Azrouël, 408 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-929-7525); 6:30–8:30. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
• This month's tea party at Loopy Mango features a demonstration on making lace ruffles from vintage yarns. All knitting supplies are discounted 10 percent, and handbags in stock are also on sale — reduced by 40 percent. 78 Grand St., nr Wooster St., (212-343-7425); 7–9.
• Clothing and accessories by labels like M. Patmos and Leroy & Perry are reduced at a special spring cleaning sale, with 10 percent of proceeds benefiting the Japan Society’s Earthquake Relief Fund. 425 W 13th St., Ste. 406, nr. Washington St.; 11–7.
• Boys and girls clothing (newborn to preteen), shoes, outerwear, and accessories are up to 60 percent off at the Bonpoint sample sale. Through 5/12. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fifth fl.; W (9–7), Th (9–3).
• Past-season womenswear and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Suno sample sale. Through 5/13. 242 W. 38th St., third fl., nr. Seventh Ave.; W–F (noon–8).
• The Boyfriend cross-body bag is $178 (originally $295), the studded Rocker bag is $182 (originally $330), and the Matinee bag is $327 (originally $595) at the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. Through 5/14. 155 Fifth Ave., nr. 22nd St.; W-S (10–7), Su (11–5).