Chosen by a 22-member jury that includes Emmanuelle Alt, Pierre Berge, and Hilary Alexander, 31-year-old Paris-based designer Anthony Vaccarello will receive €200,000 (about $282,000), €10,000 (about $14,100) worth of Swarovski crystals for his spring 2012 collection, and mentorship from former Chloé CEO Ralph Toledano. Vaccarello previously won first prize at the Hyeres Festival and did a two-year stint under Karl Lagerfeld at Fendi before starting his own label in 2008. He beats out other 2011 ANDAM nominees Adam Kimmel, Commuun, Jeremy Laing, Matthew Harding, and Yiqing Yin; recent ANDAM winners include Giles Deacon, Gareth Pugh, and Hakaan.
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season