When it comes to mascara, too many brands seem to follow a "bigger brush, better lashes" philosophy. More often, an oversize brush gives gloppy results. But Benefit's new "They're Real" mascara is worth trying — it trumps Maybelline's Falsies line, as well as pricier brands. The staggered bristles are stiffer than a typical wand, lengthening and separating lashes like an eyelash brush instead of mashing them together under the guise of "volume." The effect is rather glamorous, leaving lashes dark, feathery, and clump-free. (One note: watch the eye rubbing in summer heat; it's not waterproof.) The mascara is available in advance today only at Sephora Times Square; otherwise, you'll have to wait for it to hit shelves next month.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her