After an unceremonious dismissal from the house of Valentino, even with critical acclaim in hand, Alessandra Facchinetti's name was largely absent from the fashion press. She was back in the news briefly when rumors started about her going to work for Tom Ford on his womenswear launch, which was then more myth than reality (and oh God, did that ever become a reality). Now, she's signed a deal with Pietro Negra, founder of the Italian label Pinko, to do a line called Uniqueness. Her Uniqueness will debut at Paris Fashion Week in October, and hopefully display lowercase uniqueness.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament