Yesterday, several blogs reported breathlessly that John Malkovich is starting a men's clothing line, Technobohemian, but it turns out the label has been around for several years. It launched quietly in fall 2006, according to Ivana Callahan, the store manager at Upper East Side boutique Blue Tree. "We've carried it on and off for about four years," she said over the phone today. "It's ties and T-shirts. People buy them often as gifts." The store got wind of the label because Malkovich is friends with Blue Tree's owner, actress Phoebe Cates. "Not many people know that he designs clothing," Callahan explained. "It hasn't gotten very much press. I'm not sure why people are just finding out now."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament