For the Fancy Rat Convention in New York this weekend, rodents walked in a fashion show wearing outfits by pet-clothing designer Ada Nieves. "Making clothes for chihuahuas is not much different from making clothes for rats," Nieves explains to the camera as a squirming rat licks her arm. "Humanizing an animal makes it easier for us to bond [with them]. Now we can use this to advocate for animals." Because dressing vermin in lacy veils is totally the seasonal alternative to making coats out of them.
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr