Rodarte unveiled their couture installation at Pitti W today, a collection of ten awe-inspiring dresses constructed from feathers, gold lamé, Swarovski crystals, sequins, and a variety of fabrics in various colors. Suspended in midair in the empty rooms of an unused building in Florence, the gowns are illuminated by neon light installations. According to a press release sent out by Rodarte, the Mulleavy sisters were inspired by Italian artworks, namely Fra Angelico's frescoes from the Convent of San Marco and Bernini's The Ecstasy of Saint Teresa. Following this installation, the dresses will be donated to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat