Rodarte unveiled their couture installation at Pitti W today, a collection of ten awe-inspiring dresses constructed from feathers, gold lamé, Swarovski crystals, sequins, and a variety of fabrics in various colors. Suspended in midair in the empty rooms of an unused building in Florence, the gowns are illuminated by neon light installations. According to a press release sent out by Rodarte, the Mulleavy sisters were inspired by Italian artworks, namely Fra Angelico's frescoes from the Convent of San Marco and Bernini's The Ecstasy of Saint Teresa. Following this installation, the dresses will be donated to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel