Salvatore Ferragamo set the date for their initial public offering yesterday, announcing that they'll float about 25 percent of its stock on the Milan Stock Exchange on Wednesday, June 29. The other 75 percent of the company will remain in the hands of the extensive Ferragamo family, in which there are 70 shareholders. Unlike fellow Italian luxury label Prada, who got some flak from their fellow countrymen for launching their own IPO in Hong Kong on June 24, Ferragamo is sticking close to home, but still wooing investors in Asia. The company's road show to gauge investor interest kicked off on Monday and wraps up on June 23; a member of the company's financial team told WWD that it was “going very, very well," which means they could very likely beat Prada's valuation.
Most Viewed Stories
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
Things to Keep You Warm and Dry at a Protest
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
Sexual Assault in the Amazon
Ask Polly: Should I Quit Grad School?
Your Guide to NYC Inauguration Weekend Protests
TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
From Our Partners
The Fashion Spot
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutFeeling Anxious on Inauguration Day? These Art Museums Are Offering Refuge
Ah, the restorative properties of art.Men Won’t Apply for Job Postings That Use ‘Feminine’ Phrases
They won’t apply if the posting says “sympathetic” or “families.”Answering a Question We Did Not Have, Donald Trump Says He’s ‘Not a Fan’ of Tom Ford
And claims the designer was never asked to dress Melania.Bernie Sanders Reviews the Balenciaga Men’s Collection
He thinks it’s terrific!Ben Affleck Finally Weighs In on Sad Affleck Meme
A look back at one of 2016’s best and most depressing memes.Dozens of Democratic Lawmakers Can’t Come to Trump’s Inauguration Because They’re, Cough, Sick
At least 58 are boycotting.Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington
Because you’ve definitely thought about this.TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
But organizers, worried about blowback for the artists, won't name them.22 Animals and Objects That Should Be Asked, ‘What Highlighter Are You Wearing?’
Is it the Pat McGrath?In Praise of Victoria’s Gloriously Over-the-top Updos
Put these on your vision board.
Remembering the chain at its best.Please Enjoy These Adorable Old Photos of Barack, Malia, and Sasha Playing in the Snow
Ah, memories.Gloria Steinem Will Totally Give You a Ride to the Women’s March on Washington
Ride-sharing is your friend.Teen Who Was Abducted As a Baby Says She Will ‘Always Love’ Her Alleged Kidnapper
Alexis Manigo sat down with Good Morning America.Here’s a Handy Map of Places Where You Can Warm Up and Meet Up at the Women’s March
Print it out and keep it handy.Ask Polly: Should I Quit Grad School?
Not just yet.Sexual Assault in the Amazon
As the ayahuasca tourism industry grows, so do accounts of abuse.Bella Hadid Is Reportedly ‘Hurt’ by the Weeknd Dating Selena Gomez
But there was never a betrayal.Karl Lagerfeld Is Rumored to Be Among the Designers Dressing Melania Trump for the Inauguration
If so, he would join Ralph Lauren as the most high-profile designers dressing the incoming First Lady.One of the Women Who Accused Donald Trump of Sexual Assault Just Sued Him
She apparently passed a lie-detector test.